Backup And Restore NzbDrone

What is the best way to backup NzbDrone and restore it on another computer i want to test something on another machine but i don’t want to have to re-configure everything

Just backup the Nzbdrone folder from the Program Data folder.

i did this but when i pasted it back in the Program Data Folder NzbDrone wouldn’t start up properly

Thats the correct way to backup and restore, if that didn’t work:

Define “NzbDrone wouldn’t start up properly”. What error did you get?

ok that is weird before i was getting all sorts of issues trying to do this so i just deleted everything in the Program Data folder and copied it back over and now it is working

Not sure why it wasn’t before but it is working now thanks guys

i am trying to set up Sonarr on my QNAP i have it working fine on my Laptop
how do I transfer all the config data from the PC to the QNAP directors,
I have tried all of the options listed in the Wiki but nothing seems to get all the user entered data across properly
please help

Assuming Windows on the laptop: paths are going to be the biggest issue, we don’t support moving from one OS to another, but you could achieve it by editing the paths in the DB to be Unix paths instead of Windows.

If you’re running non-Windows on the laptop the paths will be the correct format, but will need to be fixed (Series editor), as well as fixing the root folder(s).

Ok I managed to get it running but now it is pointing to the wrong directory tree to pick up all the existing recordings
I can’t fine when I go to reset the base directory so it finds my existing recordings

Use Series Editor and change the root folder.

I tried to change the directory in the series editor and it always defaults back to the original incorrect directory tree.

Check your log files for errors after saving.

seems to sorted its self out with a overnight power up.

very frustrating , now the directory’s can be edited easily.
thanks for your help

1 Like