Automatic download of new episodes not working

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
Ubuntu
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar):

Description of issue:

Tonight Sonarr should have downloaded two episodes of series I have added. That didn’t happened. I enabled debug log and did nothing for about 4 hours. I hope that it should have been enough time for Sonarr to download them automatically? But nothing happened. I then pressed the looking glass on each episode and they where found instantly and started downloading. When they where done I stopped debug logging.

I hope that someone can find something wrong in the logs that can help me with this.

One issue:

16-4-28 18:29:56.8|Warn|KickassTorrents|Indexer KickassTorrents rss sync didn't cover the period between 04/28/2016 09:45:11 and 04/28/2016 14:49:08 UTC. Search may be required.

Though other indexers might have been able to cover that gap.

Were the releases still on the RSS feed? (Debug logs will show each result that was found and the result of it being processed). Search through the logs to see if the expected releases were there.

Thank you for your help.

I think I found the problem. When I checked Sonarr I saw that two episodes were missing, and initiated the search myself and the episodes were downloaded.
And since it wasn’t done automatic I thought I had a problem with Sonarr. But it turns out that Sonarr had actually picked up the episodes and sent them to rTorrent 06:00 this morning. The problem is that the torrents was only added to rTorrent and not started. But when I initiated the search automatically the episodes where added again to rTorrent and this time started.

So the problem is not about Sonarr not finding the new episodes, the problem is that the torrents didn’t start downloading until I manually did a automatic search.

But I don’t understand why that should be any different? Anyway, I know I’m running rTorrent 0.9.4, and 0.9.6 is released. Will update and get back if that don’t solve the problem.

And now that I know that this is probably my big problem, I will enable debugging before the next episode is released to see if the logs show something.

rTorrent not starting is weird, but the torrent (or magnet) is sent the same way via RSS or via search, so thats something that rTorrent should be handling consistently.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.