Auto Transfer Seed box

Hey Guys,

I am new to Sonarr and I am wanting it to download with my seedbox and then after its done download from my seedbox to the storage on local machine? What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Dereck

Either sshfs or similar to mount the seedbox share locally and Remote Path Mapping in Sonarr to remap the path reported by your download client to one locally accessible.

@markus101 I am not sure exactly what you mean. I would like to keep any traffic encrypted of course I am using FTPS right now with seedboxbay.com.

I love that sonarr goes and grabs the shows I have setup a remote mapping but maybe I am setting it up wrong. I would like for somehow the sonarr look in a certain folder periodically for downloaded files from the FTP folder and import them?

Thanks,
Dereck

You’re better off having Sonarr pull them from the server, not something else and then having Sonarr check a folder, because that will avoid the possibility partial files being imported when Sonarr checks the folder.

sshfs uses ssh, so it would be encrypted.

Remote Path Mapping relies on something else setting up the connect to be able to pull the files across (treats it as it would any other path), it check for new files every minute, which is why FTPS will very likely result in incomplete files being imported.

If you prefer to stick with FTPS you will need to tell Sonarr to rescan the folder using the API once the files are complete.

Since Sonarr can’t fetch from a remote file server, you need to use software to mount the FTPS server as a local hard drive for Sonarr to be able to manipulate files.

I’m using a free trial of NetDrive2 which seems to work fine, but I had to move Sonarr to a Windows box to be able to run it. It was running on FreeNAS previously, which doesn’t currently support the prerequisites for sshfs, and will not until FreeNAS 10.

@jnyl42 I have tried using NetDrive 2 and cant get it to connect to my FTPS connection with Implicit? Maybe something im missing?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.