Auth-Unauthorized ip when accessing the GUI

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.4.1042
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ve4kpxjbykqqo4/sonarr.debug.txt?dl=0
Description of issue:

So I have two sites connected via an IPsec tunnel through pfsense. I have both Sonarr and Radarr LSIO containers (among others like Plex, Deluge, NZBGet, etc.) on both sides and I can access everything from either site until now when I cannot access ONLY the Sonarr on one of the sites for some reason. There is no issues with routing, I’m 100% sure of that as I did a packet capture on several interfaces and forward/return traffic flow properly to/from the destination/source.

The problem is when I’m on Site A and I’m trying to access the Sonarr GUI on Site B, I get this in the Sonarr docker container logs:

[Info] Auth: Auth-Unauthorized ip 192.168.10.252 url 'http://{ServerName}:8989'

• I have no problems accessing it when I’m on Site B (same site)
  • From Site A, I have no problems accessing ALL docker containers (including Radarr) on Site B.
  • From Site B, I have no problem accessing ALL docker container (including Sonarr and Radarr) on Site A.

So for some reason, the Sonarr on Site B is like blocking connections from the 192.168.10.0/24 subnet saying that the source IP is “not authorized”. I cannot see a setting that is related to this behavior in the GUI.

Please help. Thanks.

That log message is logged whenever a request is made that requires authentication, but the request wasn’t authenticated, missing API key for API requests or forms/basic auth for other assets, it doesn’t prevent you from logging in, you just need to log in.

The problem is I don’t even get a login whatsoever? The GUI just doesn’t load at all?

And just to test, I disabled authentication in the Sonarr GUI but I still don’t get back anything.

There’s really something in the server blocking the connection somehow, but like I said I can see return traffic coming back to the source machine. All I get this is this spinning wheel:

If you’re interested, here’s the packet capture for the network interface where the Linux host of the Sonarr docker container is connected to:

Unless you’re using a reverse proxy there is nothing in Sonarr that would block it. The only difference between Radarr v3 and Sonarr v3 be .net core vs mono, but that shouldn’t make a difference.

I don’t have any ideas on this one.

Yeah, this issue is really bizarre. The Sonarr container on the other side works fine when accessed from Site B.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.