At least an episode capture for a TV Series

Guys, I don’t know if you can do this but here goes. We have a TV Series that is set up normally for collection.

1. You - have to set a profile. Most of the profiles to keep the order correct and will make the cutoff at most times

What I would like because it is getting harder and harder to get a least one copy for the show. is that if you can’t download the target size of the episode, the system would search the next lower on the profile and if that failed, It would try the next higher.

For Example. Humans
Profile is Listed as Standard With the order from bottom SDTV to top 1080. The preferred episode for me is DVD w/ subtitles and languages as a keeper. Next would be Bluray 1080 w/ subtitles and languages. The others would be downloaded only if one of these preferred episodes are missing. SONARR would keep looking for one of these copies but would have the lower quality copy as a placeholder until a PROPER or a Preferred was downloaded. When a Preferred or PROPER was downloaded, the Episode flag would be set to unmonitored. If the season is finished, the system could evaluate which preferred was downloaded the most and set the Cutoff to that and try to bring the season to it. Many times, I have seen a Series where the an episode had a 720 download but has commercial and bad sound track or languages. The new lower was perfect but the system doesn’t know that and you have to hand download it and force it into the slot. Hot series should start at the bottom and work up. If they were watched and the viewer pressed a thumbs up. The episode was kept. If the thumbs down, the system would drop down in the profile and keep going down until a thumbs up is given. Since Sonarr keeps track of which NZB it downloaded, it would mark that one as damaged and not redownload it. It would continue to wait to have it watched and rated. Then it would decide to try to get another copy from a different server from a different user. If all the attempts fail, It would drop to the lower. If that failed, It would go to the higher.

The reason for this is. We all like the shows but not all shows on USENET are good and not all uploaders are perfect. But we would like to have a least 1 copy of the episode to watch. If you mate Sonarr with Plex, you can try to let PLEX fix any encoder error or the copy size. It would be great it were possible to upload the corrected size back to the USENET with a tag saying repackaged 720/<1080.

Just a suggestion to try to cut down on the manual search and the frustration that an episode did not make it to your system because it got pulled but the one up and down from your target did not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.