Arrrgh! Please help with my HD Profile

I just went to watch House of Cards Season 3 and noticed that Season 2 which was BluRay has been replaced by WebRips.

That is because of my profile but obviously it is not what i intended… This has also happened with a few other series and i was able to intercept them at the NZBGet level and then disabled the monitoring of these seasons.

I have a LOT of shows so multiple profiles is not the answer for me…especially since i am not always sure which shows i have in BluRay…

Anyway, can you tell me if it is possible to have this scenario with profiles:

I want shows to be downloaded right away in 720p HDTV and then replaced by 1080p WEB-DL. That is my preferred quality. If 1080p WEB-DL isn’t available, i am content with 720p WEB-DL.

Now if no WEB-DL is available, eventually, the BluRay will come out. I prefer 720p BluRay over the 1080p because of size but if only the 1080p is available, i want it…

The tricky part is this: If i have any BluRay version available, and the all of a sudden WEB-DL are available (which seems to be happening more often now) it makes no sense in me downloading them. I want to keep the BluRay. Especially since there is no distinction between WEB-DL and WebRip. WEB-DL is supposed to be purchased from iTunes/Amazon and then the DRM removed LOSSLESSLY while WebRip is usually captured from the streaming website. Much different in quality. Anyway, back to the topic… Can this be done? this is how i have my profile set right now and it obviously the wrong one for what i want:

Move WEBDL below Bluray and use a delay profile to delay grabs if you don’t want to download multiple of the same quality. You will need to make the cutoff Bluray 720p if you want to upgrade to Bluray no matter what, otherwise set it to the highest WEBDL you want (1080p?).

Not sure if this is a bug or what but i did what you said and kept 1080p Web-DL as the cutoff but today Sonarr replaced all my 1080p WEB-DL of The Strain with 720p BRRips. 720p BRRips are way inferior to 720p BluRay (900 megs per hour show instead of 3 gigs). Anyway, with the cutoff being 1080 WEB-DL, shouldn’t it have ignored the BluRay even if they were higher? I am totally confused…

Here is what i want:

Show comes out 720p HDTV. 720p WEB-DL comes, out, grab it. Then 1080p WEB-DL comes out, grab it. Then any BluRay comes out, skip them.

or

Show comes out 720p HDTV… No WEB-DL comes out. Then 720p BluRay comes out, grab it. Then 1080p BluRay comes out, skip it. Then any WEB-DL comes out, skip them.

or

Show comes out 720p HDTV, 720p WEB-DL comes out, grab it. Then 720p BluRay comes out, skip,Then 1080p WEB-DL comes out, grab it. Then 1080p BluRay comes out, skip it.

That means i’d rather have HD WEB-DL but if they are not available i will take BluRay and if both BluRay are available, i am content with 720p. No matter which BluRay i get 1st, don’t replace it for ANYTHING, not even WEB-DL.

I have no idea how to do this now that The Strain thing happened with the way you suggested…

-Pr.

What does your profile look like now (screenshot)?

Just like you told me (i think):

Yeah, thats pretty much it. Could you pass along a screenshot of the episode activity for one of those episodes (in the episode modal, use the activity tab), that should give me a better idea on what Sonarr saw and potentially why it grabbed another version.

It will look something like this:

Ok this is too weird… I forced it to re-download the 1080p WEB-DL and now all i see is one day’s worth of logs.

Not only that, but it delete episode 4 for no reason.

I remember clearly when i looked at it, it told me it replaced 1080p Web-DL with the Brrip but now it shows it was a 720p WEB-DL… Either way, i don’t want it to download BluRay ifany HD Web-DL is available

You need to set yout cutoff to WEBDL-720p if you don’t want it to upgrade to Bluray.

Add a delay profile if you want to wait for WEBDL-1080p, before grabbing the WEBDL-720p.

@prsinister did u ever get this sorted out? I am trying to figure this out as well.