Any way to stop Sonarr deleting files from download location after moving?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Sonarr deleting downloaded files.

I had a copy of Sonarr running on Windows 10 (unavailable now) that would communicate with qBitTorrent, once the file was downloaded, Sonarr copied the file to the relevant directory, renaming as required.
It only copied the file, it did not delete the downloaded version.

With my current installation, using a docker. It downloads, copies, then deletes from download directory. Is there any way to stop this?

I have tried the settings in the download client section, but they do not help, as they are dealing with deleting from the torrent client UI or not copying the file.

If this cannot be done by Sonarr, is there a script I can run that makes an additional copy? If so, where can I find this script or something similar that I can use as an example to create my own.

TL;DR
It is doing
Request File
Copy file
Delete download

What I would like
Request File
Copy file

tell sonarr to not remove completed jobs in the download client? its an advanced setting so you need to enable that to see it

did you have to manually clean out the jobs from the download client with your previous setup?

Hi rhom.
That option will only remove the instance in the torrent client, not the actual download.

There was no advanced settings that make the change, I think I have tried them all ;/

In my old setup, sonarr downloaded via torrent client, copied and renamed, then I would manually clean up torrent client, and have a copy in download folder, which is what I require again.

i was under the impression that thats what did the clean up, the download client itself on job removal. if you leave the job there (option disabled) then no cleanup happens - its how i presumed you would be able to keep seeding after a job has completed. if sonarr deletes the files itself how is anyone seeding past completion?

There is an option in sonarr that will not do the cleanup action until seeding has been completed. I cannot find the tool tip now when I’m looking for it, but I think this is done automatically.

Even increasing the seed I may not be there before the seeding has completed and sonarr deletes the file.

I cannot get much information on how to run and write a script, although it seems simple enough, I hate coding on a blank page, I always want something to work from.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.