Any update on Preferred Words (Best option for preferring HEVC)

Hi all,

I’ve been tracking the github issue https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/385 for a while now and haven’t seen any updates in over a year.

HEVC uploads are now a LOT more stable than they used to be, and with Handbrake stepping out of beta into v1, we have HEVC uploads for almost every popular episode these days. With media libraries growing daily, this feature would be a HUGE help for those of us that are currently having to convert every episode we download into HEVC… would love to see this feature get more attention if possible.

2 Likes

That URL is 404

So why not set it to “must contain” for HEVC ?

But I do agree a prefer would be nice for other things

I looked into this a little while ago, i just had hevc set as tags for when i wanted to backfill stuff i would rewatch in HD. Don’t forget theres bugger all hevc content out there atm.

There’s enough.
On any week Sonarr is grabbing 20-30 series on my behalf. I estimate that approximately 75% of the time it’s getting x265/HEVC encodes. I simply check the calendar periodically and if something has been sitting there red for a bit too long (a few hours) I’ll manually search and grab a suitable 264 encode - which is still easier (given Sonarr manages the download, renaming and filing) than doing the whole thing by hand.

I’ve just added a “must contain” restriction to the Indexers settings of: 265

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.