Another "Access to the path is denied"

Sonarr version (2.0.0.5163)

OS Freenas

Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/XtLdmAsR

Description of issue:

Had to muck around in share permissions last weekend to fix windows share issues. Sonarr is now not importing shows with the access denied error.

Between last weekend and this I have a good 20 hours of effort/reading to solve the problem. I do know it is a permissions error, but for the from or to directory is unknown to me.

Both Sonarr and Sabnzpdb are running in plugin jails on the latest Freenas server version. A common dataset was created (/mnt/AllDrives/Media/Downloads) as a focal point for them so as to be outside of their jails

All has been running fine for a year and a half until last weekend after the work with share permissions.

I’m a capable person with a great deal of Windows admin experience, but how Unix/Freebsd/ and especially Freenas/jails work with and allow the user to work with permissions is still a learning curve.

Any info on a focus area (please don’t say “focus on permissions” :wink: would be appreciated. I do make a great effort to help myself, and have invested a good amount of time in solving this. But I’ve reached that point of diminishing return on my efforts and could use the experience of the more experienced people.

Thanks in advance,.

Same problem here but with Sonarr & Transmission. I’ve read everything I can find. I’m not sure if it is the source perms or the target just that Sonarr keeps saying either file does not exist or access denied. Like you I’m a Windows expert but struggle with Unix.

I was wondering if it could be the mount point Sonarr is using versus where the UNC path of where the files are. For example my Sonarr error is:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/completed
Which is actually 6 levels deep. Could Sonarr’s mount point to that share be wrong? How is that set? Is the access error to that share or the Target Share which is a separate volume for me: /Mediafiles/TVShows

I know this doesn’t help you - figured I’d bounce some ideas around in case that helps us out…

No joy here or at the Freenas forums. Seems most have no interest in sorting permission issues. 2/3 of the post I see are either unanswered or give less than useful info.

I don’t mind fixing it myself, but there seems to be limited REAL info on what to check both inside and outside the programs environment.

Have you checked both source and destination permissions?
On the destination side make sure the user running Sonarr can write to the season folder.

If Sonarr gets to the point where it’s trying to move/copy files it has at the very least read access to the source file (since it reads media info prior to trying to move the file). Beyond that the exceptions Sonarr gets during the move don’t specify whether the issue is with the source or the destination.

@MARKUS101 - I Sonarr installed on my QNap is there a specific user account that Sonarr would be using? I have already granted everyone - full access to the vol/share source and target but still no go.

Thanks,

Thank you for stepping in Markus.

You gave me a focal point. In Freenas-storage-jails-sonarr-permissions I see user = root and owner = wheel and they are unix permissions of owner = R W E and group R E.

Then going outside the jail to the Download and Series storage I see Windows permissions of Owner domain\admin and Group is Mediauser. root is a member of Media user.

At the least I would think the mix of Windows and Unix permissions would be an issue, but this came about in my work with the shares so as to have access to them to copy over files manually…

Thanks for any help.

Just tried something. Using an SFTP program from windows I logged in as root and tried to create a folder in the Downloads directory. It was denied. So, this says that sonarr is running as root, and root does not have write access to the common dataset outside the jail.

I’m not keen on having Sonarr and Sab running under root but concerned with breaking things further. Burt then again, I have a mix of Windows and Unix permissions going on.

I’m not sure which user it runs as, checking which process the user is running as would probably be the best bet to track that down.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.