Adding new Series, path issues

It very well may be that I don’t understand the way it is supposed to work… But here’s what’s happening and what I’m expecting.

Add New Series: When I add a new series, I enter a base PATH as it requires, it’s just a dummy folder in my downloading folder. Since Sonarr hands off the downloading functions to SAB I don’t use folders where the media ends up ultimately, I let iTunes handle that for me.

So the issue is that when I add the base PATH, Sonarr doesn’t then create a Series subfolder even though it appends said folder to the PATH that I give it. So I have to go manually create the Series subfolder myself.

Shouldn’t Sonarr look for the folder, if it’s there great done, if not, create it?

Thanks!

Randy, Sick and tired of SickBeard, moving over to the Sonarr party!

This should be the parent folder that contains your tv shows, Sonarr will sort them for you. If you don’t want Sonarr to move them that should be fine as long as Sonarr sees them imported at some point, otherwise it will treat it as missing, if they are imported then moved it will treat them as missing as well, unless you enable “Automatically Ignore Deleted Episodes”. There might be issues due to how iTunes renames them, but not a lot of people are doing it this way.

Sonarr will get the completed path from SAB and import the files to the location you specify.

Unless you enabled the option to create empty series folders (Media Management settings) this is expected, it won’t create the folder until it needs to import a file.

I found that option in the HIDDEN settings. Perfect!