ADD SHOW BUTTON: the Radarr Improvement that Sonarr should incorporate

Putting that button there IMO is so intuitive, and saves at least a click. On Sonarr it never fails that I’ll unconsciously start typing a new series into the search field, then realize my mistake, then hunt for the sonarr add button. If I’m not on the main sonarr page, I have to click to get there before I can even add a show.

Please implement this into the great original!
18%20AM

Add new?

1 Like

Or just search directly from the search input in v3. We’re not making changes to v2.

1 Like

Thank you both but “Add New” is off to the side, and if you’re on another page, you have to click more than once to get to it. I think it was intentional that the sonarr-inspired-forked project has added that button at the top, so it’s always visible and quick to find.

But if you don’t agree, you don’t agree! I’m extremely grateful for this app as is!

No button is needed as you just type in the search bar and hit enter and it’ll go through the add process without needing a button hit.

If you want a button, you can hit add new.

My sonarr doesn’t look like that…why?
32%20PM
And when I put in something I don’t have and press enter, nothing happens
58%20PM
And even if it didn’t, I still contend that was a brilliant modification that should be emulated.

v2 vs v3 (which I indicated in my response).

1 Like

oh sorry that went right over my head. i didn’t realize there was a new version! I’ll have to look for the instructions on upgrading to it

Hey I take back everything I said! This v3 is clean and beautiful and does not need improvement!

By the way, I installed using these instructions https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-windows that I followed from a reddit post.

I recommend you make that a sticky and also update this forum post because I almost went this longer route. Sonarr v3 - Alpha

All this may not be obvious to someone like me who comes straight to the forums, infrequently.

Thanks for being patient with me! Please feel free to close.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.