Add shortcut to download client

Occasionally I find myself wishing I could jump to my download client (nzbget in my case) without creating a new tab and typing the URL or finding the bookmark/shortcut.

It would be beautiful if there were a hyperlink to the download client available within the Activity tab for example. So if there’s a download failing to complete, I could simply click on the link provided in the row for that activity entry, and my download client page would open in a new tab.

Unfortunately this won’t work in all scenarios.

If Sonarr communicates with nzbget via localhost or a private IP and you access Sonarr from another system on the same LAN or over the internet Sonarr would provide a link that wouldn’t work.

In some cases we may be able to determine the link or not show it when we know it’ll be wrong, but I’m not sure the effort is worth the reward.

Fair enough. I could see having an alternate address field for download clients and using that value for the address if it’s not empty. But it’s a weak reason to complicate the UI.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.