Ability to download from search when marked as unknown series

i searched and found a couple “incident” tickets about sonarr not matching certain series names but this isnt for that

i also found one old feature request about this but its closed and only got a response about manual downloads needing to specify which show/series/ep it was that didnt make a lot of sense (perhaps it related to what is there now when the resulting downloaded file doesnt match the series name?)

when you click on the manual search button some indexers use weird naming conventions that dont match the tvdb name but the manual search still finds them as all the parts are still in the name, it just sees them as “unknown series” because of that.

eg; www-Torrenting-com-The-Show-I-Want-AU-S03E11-HDTV-x264-FQM

considering the manual search already knows the series, season, and ep, we were searching for, why cant we be allowed to download it if we know its the correct one?

the odd part is that if the torrent matches the manual search i can download it but if the files inside dont then after its downloaded it prompts me to manually select the correct series, season, and ep - so why cant this happen for the reverse, or even both, situations?

basically im not sure why we cant have the download action on every search result as it appears the mismatch handling is already in place and should be able to handle it?

note: im not asking for the auto search to change, that seems sane to ignore the weird naming conventions, just the manual search as a human has a better idea about whats valid

On the list of open items:

k, not sure how i missed that in the search, will update on that one.

thanks

edit - worked out how i missed it, its on the github sonarr issues page, not here. i presume if feature requests arent meant to be here this will get closed.

I think it’s ok for feature requests to be here :slight_smile:
If the devs think it’s a good idea they usually make it into a github item and track it there (and eventually close it when it’s coded).
If it’s a bad idea they’ll tell you why, or suggest an alternative way of working etc.

In this case it’s a good idea but you weren’t the first to think of it, and the devs haven’t gotten around to coding it :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.