Ability to disable metadata source per series?

For a number of series I’m tracking the metadata from TheTVDB is just completely wrong (all other sources are correct).

Examples are American Dad (TheTVDB apparently think it’s 2016 now, and they’re showing season 12 instead of season 11), Pretty Little Liars is skipped an episode somewhere, Vampire Diaries is missing an episode, etc. (And since trakt.tv is using TheTVDB primarily, it too is completely wrong).

Really irritating because there is no way around this at the moment other than manually downloading for those series.

So would it be possible to completely disable TheTVDB as a source, or better yet, select the preferred source per series, so you could disable it for the series in question (or choose the preferred provider).

Thats what thexem.de is for, it translates from TheTVDB numbering to “the scene” numbering then back again when importing so episodes still match properly for Kodi/Plex/MediaBrowser.

We have no plans to offer alternate sources at this time.

Hi Markus101,

Thanks for responding. Ok, I’m a noob to all this, maybe I don’t understand how this is supposed to work with Sonarr. Looking at thexem.de for American Dad! (http://thexem.de/xem/show/1701), you can clearly see how totally messed up theTVDB is (messed up the first season), and “the scene” is correct. But Sonarr isn’t using “the scene” data, in other words, can’t download (or find) the episodes, because Sonarr is looking for S12E10 (latest episode according to theTVDB)), when the actual episode is S11E10 (according to everyone else).

How does Sonarr do the episode lookup? (it looks to me like its only using theTVDB as source? - as all other sources are correct)

Cheers,
Springstone

That depends who you take as the official source, since TheTVDB follows the network’s ordering its wrong at the source, but regardless, yes, its messed up.

If you hover over S12E10 in the UI it will show what episode it is mapped to:

For all display and renaming purposes Sonarr uses TheTVDB numbering, but for searches and processing results from those searches and RSS Syncs it will use the the mappings from thexem.de to handle these oddities.

The end result is Kodi/Plex/MediaBrowser all work without switching metadata plugins. There is a certain level of trust that needs to be given to thexem and Sonarr though, since its not always immediately clear how it works.