Ability to configure show aliases locally?

I’m using RSS feeds from a private tracker where the show naming conventions aren’t really adhering to ‘Scene’ releases. For example, the Scene name is "How to Live Mortgage Free: whereas Ch4 call it “How to Live Mortgage Free with Sarah Beeny”, and so the upload on the tracker has used that.

I’ve submitted a mapping request via the Google Docs workflow, but wondering if there’s a way for me to configure the alias on my local system so it’ll start working immediately - like the ‘Scene Exception’ feature on Sickrage? If the feature exists, can somebody point me to it? If not, any reason not to add it as a feature request?

It’s not a feature and not something we plan to implement.

Having it server side means it’s fixed once for everyone and also means we don’t need to support the case where it’s used wrongly and screws something up (support hell).

1 Like

Totally get the ‘support hell’ perspective, as it gives users the opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot. But if it’s an additive/OR search (like the scene exceptions in SR) you’d have to go well out of your way to screw things up.

Could it perhaps be an advanced setting? There’s already plenty of those which could lead the user towards the ‘support hell’ road. :wink:

No plans to make it an advanced setting either. We do have plans to improve the request/acceptance process though, ideally you’d be able to request it from within the application which would give us some more information on it (season number can be important for example) and we’d be able to add them without too much effort.

Makes sense. Thanks for the insight.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.