2 Sonarr's using 1 Seedbox

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4146
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar): N/A
Description of issue: N/A

I was wondering if the following is possible.
My Father runs Sonarr on his Synology NAS, which I have set up the same as my own NAS (different location) running Sonarr.

We are looking at pooling our resources by investing in a seedbox, where we will install 1 instance of Deluge and Sabnzb. As we have different tastes, our Sonarr installs have different TV episodes on them. Do you think it possible to be able to use the same download clients on the seedbox? IE: Both Sonarrs send Torrents and NZBs to the seedbox, then picks them up via a mounted drive and imports them to the NAS that each one is installed on.

One issue I can think of could be when the same series exists on both Sonarr Instances, so same downloads sent to clients. For NZBs this could be circumvented by disabling duplicate nzb downloads. For torrents, perhaps having different trackers would be the first option (to avoid being penalised by the private trackers) or find a way to also ignore duplicate downloads via the client.

From Sonarr’s POV it won’t know that another exists so it would just pick up torrents in Deluge and import them when complete (you’d need to setup something like sshfs and a remote path mapping in Sonarr), for usenet clients Sonarr will always move the files so only one client would be able to import the file (in the case of a duplicate that both instances wanted) unless you make a copy of it somewhere for Sonarr to import.

Its probably doable, but not something that I’ve seen done and will require some effort to make it work.

Thanks for the reply.
Yep its probably more effort than its worth, but I’d definitely like to investigate more.

If each Sonarr instance was set up to use different labels in deluge ie: Sonarr-theCheek for mine, and Sonarr-Father for my father’s, then would that avoid conflicts?

For NZBs, I’d like to stop using Usenet eventually anyway as Private Trackers are way more reliable nowadays, but in the meantime I was thinking maybe a copy on complete to two locations for each individual Sonarr to pick up would work.

If each Sonarr instance was set up to use different labels in deluge ie: Sonarr-theCheek for mine, and Sonarr-Father for my father’s, then would that avoid conflicts?

Yes, but it may cause issues if there is a hash conflict, but that’s probably an issue regardless since the client would try to merge them or drop it.

That would work, but you couldn’t use completed download handling because only one path would be known.

Ok I understand. I think it better to avoid this setup as I would be going against the grain.

My second option would be to just have Sonarr running on the seedbox and allowing my father and I to access it. The shows would download the to seedbox HD, then using somethink like BTSync copy over to our local NAS’es. If we disable the downloaders and indexers from our local Sonarrs, they would effectively be used as a database to tell us what is missing. I’m assuming the periodical rescans would detect new episodes in the TV Folders and update this list accordingly right? Obviously the Seedbox Sonarr would need to have the same renaming conventions set so that no duplicates occur.

Thanks,

Yeah, Sonarr would be up to 12 hours behind from when the file was in the series folder since it rescans every 12 hours.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.